Thursday, April 19, 2012

How does your garden grow?







This last weekend we were able to start are garden! I am excited to see the flowers grow and to have a lot of tasty vegetables to eat this summer and fall. The flowers were planted in containers out front. They are small now, but should fill in the space as they grow. In the side yard the daffodils are pretty much done, but new bulbs have come up. Some wildflowers from last year came up too. I planted more wildflower seeds around the bulbs and hope to turn it into a wildflower garden. We shall see how the seeds do. For vegetables, we have the artichoke coming up and doing better in it's second year. We planted three different types of tomato plants; early girl, cherry, and roma. We also have a basil plant growing. I love fresh basil!

No comments:

Post a Comment