Monday, April 2, 2012

Homework Procrasitnation

I don't want to do my homework...nope, nope, nope.....so I am going to catch up on some more posting instead!

One thing that I have been trying to focus on is my health. Every since getting on Zoloft I have not been able to loose the 50 pounds I gained. I loose 10 pounds just to put 10 pounds back on. I have probably lost that 50 pounds several times if you add up each swing of loose 10, gain 10. This last summer I had the best luck with switching to the Mediterranean diet. I was home a lot, had a garden full of vegetables to eat, and was a lot less stressed. This last fall I added a new job in addition to the grad school. My schedule has made it so that I do a lot of driving every day and I take at least 1/2 of my meals on the go. (One reason I am looking forward to grad school being done). I gained 10 of the 20 pounds I lost this summer back. Last Christmas I wanting to do something extreme to get the weight loss going again. Anthony gave me the Insanity exercise program for Christmas. This program is extreme. I have added a lot of muscle and most importantly, made huge gains in cardiovascular health. Despite all of this I have not lost weight, but I have lost a few inches. I am frustrated by the scale being stuck and I have gone to Jillian Michaels for my next phase of trying to be healthy. I am reading her book on fixing your metabolism and re-balancing your hormones, so I am going to try and follow a lot of her eating ideas to see if it will rebalanced my hormones and let my body burn fat again. I am so tempted to do something extreme such as go to a prefed food diet, but I don't think those are healthy. I also think they are quick fixes. I don't want another quick fix that is going to hurt my body in the long run. The pictures below are from January and February. I can see some progress, but my stomach...oh my. The third picture is Kiara. She is having good weight loss success with her new food and extra exercise. She is a little more perky and plays a lot more as a result.










I just ran around after typing the first half of the post and took some pictures. In doing so I dropped my poor camera again! It seems like nothing was damaged though. I took picture of what I look like today at this very moment. I am mostly worried about getting my stomach to shrink because it is so bad to have fat on your stomach. I also took pictures of our first tulip, other garden flowers, a bouquet from Anthony for April Fool's Day(He brought them in and said they were for his sister at first), and Kiara chattering at a bird outside the window.





1 comment:

  1. Well your jeans look really nice! That's always a plus :)

    ReplyDelete