Anthony and I had talked about getting married after he graduated, which is coming up soon, so I was starting to figure and hope that he would ask me sometime in the near future. I was thinking that he may choose Canon Beach, but didn't know for sure. I was kind of hoping and had an inkling. Once we were at the beach I thought he seemed nervous at times. Well, not quite nervous, I could just tell he was thinking and I was hoping that it was for a good reason! The weather was so horrible and the wind so strong that it made it hard to find a good place that was also semi-private. I remember finding some nice spots every now and then and making comments to Anthony, oh, this is a nice spot, hoping he had a ring in wait and was looking for a good spot. Hehe, actually I don't think I told him that was why I kept saying that. He just thought I liked the spot we found to sit or see the ocean. Finally on Saturday, we got some nice weather and went to Ecola State Park. Anthony was hoping for Sun Set's like we had last year, but it was still a pretty nice day even if not super clear and sunny. While there we took pictures and looked around. A park ranger, whom I calling the Engagement Fairy, told us how to get down to a private beach area we had never been for. The hike was a little muddy, but then it opened up to a small beach where the tide was out enough you could climd down and walk around a bit. We stood on a ledge looking out at the light house and rocks when a sun beam bursts through the clouds on us and Anthony took the moment to ask me! He pulled the ring out, asked me, and I said yes and put the ring right on my finger! I guess I was supposed to wait for him to do that, but I was too excited! We stayed at the beach spot for awhile and watched the ocean before heading back.
Here are some of the few pictures from the trip:
Me chilling in the cabin.
Making funny faces at the camera.
Anthony's turn!
Pro funny-face maker.
Not too stormy for the camera today!
On the beach....
Haystack Rock
Haystack and her little sisters...
Anthony on the beach.
All bundled up either right before or after Anthony asked me....I look sleepy...hard mattress....
Tillamook Lighthouse
Our private beach, can you tell the sun is out a little?
Seagull
Path to the small beach.
Trying to get good picture with the ring.
Another try....
Just being silly now.........
Someone was nice enough to take our picture!
This pictured blurred in a cool way to make my ring look extra sparkly!
Playing around again. I am supposed to be debating my answer to Anthony while I try to ring on.
![]() |
| On our way home at Multnomah Falls for our annual cave picture. |

No comments:
Post a Comment