I have been enjoying the summer, but it sure is flying by fast! I made a personal goal to be better at taking pictures, so that I can record my experiences better. I have quite a few pictures adding up from my summer adventures, so I thought it was time to share!
Back in June Katey flew up to visit. She was able to come visit me and see my house. I had just tried making key lime pie from scratch the night before so she was the first to help test the recipe! It was delicious!



During the week Katey visited, I kept hearing what I thought was the local marching band practicing. I live close enough to the high school and sometimes they even have a 5th grade summer band practice at the elementary school too. As I was driving around I realized that it was no high school band, it was actually a drum corp! I realized this as I saw a color guard bigger than I would expect for our high school and charter buses as well. I ran home and looked up DCI on the computer to find that there was a show down at the stadium that night! They do an annual show called Drums Along the Columbia. I had always missed it before. Anthony and I were leaving early the next morning for are Independence Day Vacation, but I convinced him that this was cool enough to stay up late for. We are walking distance to the stadium, so we skipped the parking headache and walked down and saw the show. They had the Blue Knights, Oregon Crusaders, Seattle Cascades, and Spokane's Thunder perform. The Blue Knights and Oregon Crusaders were our favorites for the night.










The next morning we began heading up to Deer Lake, where Anthony's aunt
and uncle are building a house. We drove to Colfax first to visit his
grandparents. It is great to see them. It makes me think about and miss my
grandparents. There was an amazing thunder storm that night! A poor
baby deer got lost from his momma or was scared enough to run all over
the street with his mama hiding on the hill during the storm. At one
point it looked like he was about to run into the house and join us! I
didn't get any pictures of that, but I did take a few pictures at Deer
Lake. It is always fun to visit Anthony's family up there and relax on
the lake.
At the lake they do their firework show on the 3rd, so on the fourth I came back home and was able to see the fireworks on the river with Patrick! I did this for the first time last year and I really liked it.
Around the house, Anthony put in a new basement window. This was the last window to be updated. It is a bigger one, so we had to cut concrete to put it in. Anthony's Dad helped him with the saw part and I helped with putting the window in. Once the basement is finished the room could be a legal bedroom if we wanted. For now, it is nice to have more sunlight and views to the backyard. The garden keeps growing and needs more weeding. Always more weeding. The cherry tomatoes are taking off and have been delicious. I can't wait for the romas though. I had my first cucumber warm from the garden the other day as well. There is nothing like fresh picked veggies!
No comments:
Post a Comment